Help To Grow – Register your interest now
Take your business to the next level with the government’s new Help to Grow programme. The programme will help small and medium sized businesses across the UK learn new skills, reach new customers and boost profits.
You could receive:
- an Executive Development programme that could help you improve business performance and growth potential through Help to Grow: Management
- free online advice and money off software that could help you save time and cut costs through Help to Grow: Digital
Two Schemes Fundamentals:
Two schemes have been launched by the government:
Help to grow Management, which is a 12 week programme in June delivered by leading business schools for UK businesses from any sector that have been operating for more than one year with between 5 and 249 employees. The participant should be a decision maker or member of the senior management team within the business e.g. Chief Executive, Finance Director etc. Unfortunately Charities are not eligible.
Help to Grow Digital, which launches this Autumn is for small businesses who will be able to get free impartial advice on how technology can boost their performance through a new online platform. All businesses will be able to benefit from free online advice on the platform.
Help to grow management:
What is it?
- This June, small businesses will be able to access a 12 week-programme delivered by leading business schools across the UK, accredited by the Small Business Charter. The programme will combine a practical curriculum, with 1:1 support from a business mentor, peer-learning sessions and an alumni network.
- Designed to be manageable alongside full-time work, this programme will support small business leaders to develop their strategic skills with key modules covering financial management, innovation and digital adoption. By the end of the programme participants will develop a tailored business growth plan to lead their business to its full potential.
- 30,000 places will be available over 3 years. The programme is 90% subsidised by government – participants will be charged £750.
Who is it for?
- UK businesses from any sector that have been operating for more than 1 year, with between 5 to 249 employees are eligible.
- The participant should be a decision maker or member of the senior management team within the business e.g. Chief Executive, Finance Director etc.
- Charities are not eligible.
To register for Help to grow management follow the link below:
Help to grow digital:
What is it?
This Autumn, small businesses will be able to get free impartial advice on how technology can boost their performance through a new online platform.
Eligible businesses will also be able to get a discount of up to 50% on the costs of approved software, worth up to £5,000. Vouchers are initially expected to be available for software that helps businesses:
- build customer relationships and increase sales
- make the most of selling online
- manage their accounts and finances digitally
Who is it for?
All businesses will be able to benefit from free online advice on the platform.
The voucher is expected to be available to UK business that:
- employ between 5 and 249 employees and are registered at Companies House
- have been trading for more than 12 months
- are purchasing the discounted software for the first time
Full details on the businesses and software eligible for the voucher will be published this summer.
To Register for help to grow digital follow the link below:
Swindells’ client Sammons Recruitment Group, acquire Brightred & On Track
Swindells are proud to announce that clients Sammons have acquired Brightred and On Track as part of their major growth strategy. Swindells provided accounting and tax support throughout the process culminating in a positive result for our client. Below is the Sammons press release: Sammons Recruitment Group has acquired IT recruitment experts Brightred Resourcing and […]
Make use of our factsheets, tax calendars and more resources for FREE!
A wealth of information just a few clicks away
As part of our online website offering, we have a plethora of helpful fact sheets, online calculators, tax calendars and downloadable forms all for free. Have a browse and see what is relevant to you or your business.
New customs IT platform – get ready for the change
The UK customs declaration service CDS is replacing the CHIEF system. Get ready for the deadlines in September 2022 and March 2023.
The UK customs authority HMRC is closing the Customs Handling of Import and Export Freight (CHIEF) system on 31 March 2023. It is being replaced with the Customs Declaration Service (CDS) as the new UK’s single customs platform. All businesses managing UK customs declarations will need to declare goods using the Customs Declaration Service.
Sign up to receive our private content
straight to your inbox