Seven things to do to help improve cash flow in 2018
Sales are key to any business but cash flow can scupper even the most profitable business...you need to pay salaries, buy assets, and pay the bills and rent. Slow cash flow can severely restrict growth and many companies are forced to slow to ensure that they can keep the lights on.
If you're looking to grow your business in 2018 these seven tips will help you convert sales to cash as soon as possible giving you the best possible chance to grow whilst remaining solvent.
1. Raise bills straight away – the sooner you issue an invoice the quicker you get paid.
2. Keep on top of the unpaid bills – chase them up on a regular basis
3. Have a system in place for chasing unpaid debts, standard letters and emails go a long way to reminding people.
4. Don’t be embarrassed to follow up – people who owe you money will be expecting to be chased.
5. If someone still doesn’t pay you, use a firm of lawyers to send a ‘letter before action’
6. Remember that a customer who doesn’t pay is not really a customer, but someone who has borrowed money from you. If you upset them you didn’t want them as a customer anyway.
7. Be brave enough to turn work down when you know you will struggle to get paid.
If you are having cash flow issues please get in touch with our Managing Partner Melanie and we can advise you on the best course of action.
Melanie Richardson - Managing Partner
If you’d like to learn more about our approach to working with clients get in touch with Melanie directly on:
Tel 01825 763366
Swindells’ Christmas Competition, Win a selection of wine & a £50 Amazon voucher
We have partnered with one of our longstanding clients Davenport Vineyards to offer all of our clients the chance to win a three bottle selection of sparkling and still wines and a £50 Amazon voucher…which would be rather lovely just before Christmas.
Estate Planning, Trusts & reducing Inheritance Tax
Worrying about how your family will manage after your death is a common concern. We can help reduce your worries by making sure that your wealth and assets are distributed with your family’s best interests at heart. As part of our estate planning service we also make sure that you are financially secure in later life knowing that everything has been taken care of.
Sign up to receive our private content
straight to your inbox