Ten things you can do to make preparing your tax return easier
We all know that anything that can save time when you run a business is a blessing. Here are a quick few tips that will help you when it comes to tax return season.
1. Keep all your receipts
2. Check receipts off against your bank statement or credit card statement
3. File them in month order even if it’s just in an envelope
4. Keep track of the money you are due by raising invoices or keeping a diary
5. Pay cash receipts into the bank so you can keep a track of them
6. Keep business and personal bank accounts separate
7. Go through your accounts at least monthly – set aside an hour on the last Friday of every month
8. Put aside some money each month so that you can pay your tax bill
9. Consider subscribing to an accounts package such as QuickBooks Online or Xero – they are cheap, easy to operate and will do most of the work for you.
10. Don’t leave it to the last minute – if you hate doing it, get it out of the way as soon as possible.
For any help with your tax return get in touch with Our Business Services Partner Robert Willison:
Tel: 01825 763366
Online tax return due date: Midnight 31st of January 2018
Pay the tax you owe: Midnight 31st of January 2018
What is a trust and why set one up?
Often thought to be the reserve of the ultra-rich or landed gentry, trusts are an excellent way of protecting and holding important family assets. Asset protection, control, flexibility and tax efficiency are major reasons why more and more clients are using trusts as part of their planning. This article will discuss trusts and why you should consider them as a major part of your personal tax planning strategy.
What is the reverse charge on VAT? Will it affect you?
From the 1 October 2019, CIS registered businesses which are also VAT registered will have to withhold the VAT element of an invoice when paying those suppliers which are also CIS and VAT registered. The withheld VAT must then be paid over to HMRC on the next VAT return.
Do you know where you and your business are going…really?
It’s all too easy today to get lost in the myriad of online self congratulatory positivity. We’re shown and told what success looks like on social media, radio and television and it can become highly detrimental to our business and our own personal development. This article will discuss how to obtain clarity around you and your business’ path forward.
Sign up to receive our private content
straight to your inbox