Ten things you can do to make preparing your tax return easier
We all know that anything that can save time when you run a business is a blessing. Here are a quick few tips that will help you when it comes to tax return season.
1. Keep all your receipts
2. Check receipts off against your bank statement or credit card statement
3. File them in month order even if it’s just in an envelope
4. Keep track of the money you are due by raising invoices or keeping a diary
5. Pay cash receipts into the bank so you can keep a track of them
6. Keep business and personal bank accounts separate
7. Go through your accounts at least monthly – set aside an hour on the last Friday of every month
8. Put aside some money each month so that you can pay your tax bill
9. Consider subscribing to an accounts package such as QuickBooks Online or Xero – they are cheap, easy to operate and will do most of the work for you.
10. Don’t leave it to the last minute – if you hate doing it, get it out of the way as soon as possible.
For any help with your tax return get in touch with Our Business Services Partner Robert Willison:
Tel: 01825 763366
Online tax return due date: Midnight 31st of January 2018
Pay the tax you owe: Midnight 31st of January 2018
Swindells’ client Sammons Recruitment Group, acquire Brightred & On Track
Swindells are proud to announce that clients Sammons have acquired Brightred and On Track as part of their major growth strategy. Swindells provided accounting and tax support throughout the process culminating in a positive result for our client. Below is the Sammons press release: Sammons Recruitment Group has acquired IT recruitment experts Brightred Resourcing and […]
Make use of our factsheets, tax calendars and more resources for FREE!
A wealth of information just a few clicks away
As part of our online website offering, we have a plethora of helpful fact sheets, online calculators, tax calendars and downloadable forms all for free. Have a browse and see what is relevant to you or your business.
New customs IT platform – get ready for the change
The UK customs declaration service CDS is replacing the CHIEF system. Get ready for the deadlines in September 2022 and March 2023.
The UK customs authority HMRC is closing the Customs Handling of Import and Export Freight (CHIEF) system on 31 March 2023. It is being replaced with the Customs Declaration Service (CDS) as the new UK’s single customs platform. All businesses managing UK customs declarations will need to declare goods using the Customs Declaration Service.
Sign up to receive our private content
straight to your inbox