Ten things you can do to make preparing your tax return easier
We all know that anything that can save time when you run a business is a blessing. Here are a quick few tips that will help you when it comes to tax return season.
1. Keep all your receipts
2. Check receipts off against your bank statement or credit card statement
3. File them in month order even if it’s just in an envelope
4. Keep track of the money you are due by raising invoices or keeping a diary
5. Pay cash receipts into the bank so you can keep a track of them
6. Keep business and personal bank accounts separate
7. Go through your accounts at least monthly – set aside an hour on the last Friday of every month
8. Put aside some money each month so that you can pay your tax bill
9. Consider subscribing to an accounts package such as QuickBooks Online or Xero – they are cheap, easy to operate and will do most of the work for you.
10. Don’t leave it to the last minute – if you hate doing it, get it out of the way as soon as possible.
For any help with your tax return get in touch with Our Business Services Partner Robert Willison:
Tel: 01825 763366
Online tax return due date: Midnight 31st of January 2018
Pay the tax you owe: Midnight 31st of January 2018
Swindells’ Christmas Competition, Win a selection of wine & a £50 Amazon voucher
We have partnered with one of our longstanding clients Davenport Vineyards to offer all of our clients the chance to win a three bottle selection of sparkling and still wines and a £50 Amazon voucher…which would be rather lovely just before Christmas.
Estate Planning, Trusts & reducing Inheritance Tax
Worrying about how your family will manage after your death is a common concern. We can help reduce your worries by making sure that your wealth and assets are distributed with your family’s best interests at heart. As part of our estate planning service we also make sure that you are financially secure in later life knowing that everything has been taken care of.
Sign up to receive our private content
straight to your inbox